FRANCE OFF THE BEATEN PATH™ TOURS
Video’s & Photo Albums
Our OTBP Community!
RATED EXCELLENT WITH 500+ REVIEWS
2019 WINNER!! 3RD CONSECUTIVE YEAR!
RECOMMENDED BY FROMMER’S FRANCE!
FOLLOW US EACH TOUR SEASON ON OUR BLOG!
We post commentary, articles, guest testimonials and trip photos regularly on our BLOG and Facebook page. It’s a great way to follow our tour activities and gain insight into our exclusive style of travel! Read independent feedback and reviews written by our former tour guests on additional pages of our website. Links to all of our Provence Tours, Bordeaux Tours, Loire Valley Tours, Tour schedules and additional general information about the company and tours are available using the pull-down menus located along the top of every page of our website.
Follow our YouTube Channel “FrenchDish with Summer & Christy”
Two American moms with French citizenship who have been living, working and raising families in France for 25+ years breath new life into what it’s like to be a woman and immigrant succeeding in this magical country. With their exceptional and fun personalities and fresh perspective on France, join them as they share their “joie de vivre” with you through storytelling, interviews, and more about France and the French. Watch their YouTube videos and subscribe to our channel today! Click here to visit our YouTube channel, FrenchDish…
- During our 6 Day Bordeaux, Arcachon, Saint Emilion, and Sauternes walking, wine, foodie tour, we’re spending a morning cooking at home with my dear friend, Chef Antoine at his family home in the Sauternes appellation located south of Bordeaux. Each of our tours features an at home experience with local friends. In our cooking class, we’re preparing a three course lunch comprised of an appetizer, main dish, and dessert under Antoine’s expert guidance. On the menu, we get hands-on making regional specialties including traditional cannelés and fresh foie gras pan fried. At the conclusion of class, we enjoy an aperitif (cocktail) before savoring the fruits of our labor together at our chef’s table. Thank you Antoine for another memorable moment sharing your culinary “savior faire”! Watch the video below or go to our YouTube channel FRENCHDISH to watch it…
- One of the OPTIONS (designed for interested guests) during our 6 Day Bordeaux, Arcachon, Saint Emilion, and Sauternes walking, wine, foodie tour is a fun excursion learning about and making natural skincare products with my dear friend Caroline, La Formulatrice. A professional skincare formulator, Caroline has spent years building her brand designing custom products for clients and teaching others how to formulate. From anti-aging serums and moisturizers to body soap and shampoos, great care and technical precision goes hand in hand with each creation. Join us on our Bordeaux Tour for this fun workshop to learn inside tips and how to make products that your skin will love! Watch the video below or go to our YouTube channel FRENCHDISH to watch it…
- Our Day discovering the Bassin d’Arcachon and Cap Ferret! Spending one day during our 6 day Bordeaux, Arcachon, Saint Emilion, and Sauternes Tour cruising the Bassin d’Arcachon to Cap Ferret. The day features a walk of the Ville d’Hiver, a gourmet lunch overlooking the famous Dune de Pyla and Arcachon Basin. We depart on a traditional wooden pinasse after lunch to cruise over to Cap Ferret for oyster tasting with our local Ostréiculteur. Every day of our tour unfolds one exclusive and personalized experience at a time taking you beyond the tourist hotspots to meet and spend time with our local friends in this magical region.
- Join us to watch the video as we concluded our September “Best Adventures in Loire Valley” Tour with cooking at home with my dear friends Christophe and Angelique. This week unfolded one magical moment and gourmet experience each day. Guests indulged in fine foods and wine, learned fun history during castle visits, and spent time with my local friends discovering the secrets of regional wine production, floating down the Loire river at sunset, cooking in both a professional kitchen and at home. A week of personalized and authentic experiences, guests left with unforgettable memories of the fun and laughter we shared together throughout the week. Join us in 2022 to travel with us as we take guests beyond the tourist hotspots!! Email us at email@example.com or call +1.717.683.2827 for more information – view our Loire Valley itinerary
- Our 1st Provence Tour since the pandemic began. After 16 months of forced closure, we’re back, and having fun with our guests during lavender season. Watch the video on YouTube or below to get a glimpse inside pour week together!
- June 2021, In Provence on tour, our 1st tour since Covid forced more than 16 months of business closure. We’re with a smaller than usual group, and more than half the group is returning guests who have traveled on a tour previously with us. Our grand farewell performance at the end of the tour.
- Join FrenchDish with Summer & Christy to chat, prepare a recipe, and wine taste over conversation in the professional kitchen & at home in the wine cellar of Christy’s friend, Chef Damien Garanger.
- Join FrenchDish with Summer & Christy to learn about the life a wine-maker with friends Fred & Louisa at Chateau de Montdomaine!
- Join FrenchDish with Summer & Christy at home with Christy’s dear friend, Meilleur Ouvrier de France Chef Christophe Quantin to chat and cook!
- Join FrenchDish with Summer & Christy as we take you behind the scenes to walk through history with Gaël at Chateau Clos Lucé
- Trailer for the FrenchDish upcoming interview with long time friend, Meilleur Ouvrier de France Chef Christophe Quantin.
- This episode of “FrenchDish” Summer and Christy talk with friend Charles Arethuse, owner of Art-Montgolfiere, about hot air ballooning in Loire Valley, France
- FrenchDish goes behind the scenes to visit with friends Mattieu and Katie at Art Is An Ale in Amboise, France.
- FrenchDish spends an afternoon cooking with renowned Chef and dear friend Christophe Cosme in his kitchen.
- FrenchDish presents our friends and Loire Valley Tour Hotel Partner Guillaume & Julia Jouvin at Le Pavillon des Lys
- Join FrenchDish for a morning along the Loire River with our friend Aurelien talking about his cruises aboard his traditional flat bottom boat on the Loire.
CHECK OUT OUR France Off the Beaten Path Tours FACEBOOK PHOTO STREAM
Click Here to visit our Facebook Page & photo stream, it includes tons of photos from our tours.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM!
Find us on Instagram where we plan to post rather neat and artistic photos each tour season! France Off the Beaten Path Tours
CHECK US OUT ON PINTEREST!
Click Here to follow us on Pinterest
We started pinning at the end of our 2013 season. We will continue pinning adding many beautiful images from our tours– our different activities, excursions, visits, cooking classes, group meals and walks!
FOLLOW OUR France Off the Beaten Path Tours FACEBOOK PAGE
Click France…Off the Beaten Path on Facebook link here to access our page.
Check out tour photos, photo albums, press mentions, awards, announcements, additional guest comments and much more…you don’t need to join Facebook to view our photos, albums and information on our Facebook fan page. But, you do need to be a Facebook member to be able to view comments and discussions that are posted by our fans, many who are former tour guests and who comment on our posted photos and albums and about their experiences traveling on France Off the Beaten Path Tours.
RATED 5 STARS BY HUNDREDS OF HAPPY TOUR GUESTS
OVER 500 VERIFIED FIVE-STAR REVIEWS ON TRUSTPILOT
A WORD FROM Our Guests:
“This was my third trip in the same number of years with Christy and Off the Beaten Path. While on her trips you can tell how much effort there is on the off season to make every single week perfect. From the pick up at the train station to the teary goodbye at the airport, everything is perfectly planned and executed. The hotel in St. Remy is magical, and the tour guides Philippe and David are exceptional. If you are considering a trip with OTBP, go for it and come home with new friends, a love of Provence and a longing to return as soon as you can!” — Beth Bower
“We had an excellent tour with Christie and her crew in the Loire valley. We did things that only a true insider would have access to-dinner at a Michelin chefs house, helping/learning to cook at a highly rated restaurant in their kitchen. This was in addition to seeing the sights and touring the castles. A truly unique experience that is off the beaten path. We will use her again when going back to France.” — Karen Berner
“France Off the Beaten Path was so great the first time that I had to return to Off The Beaten Path for a repeat visit. Everyone that works for Christy is excellent and full of life. Loved their tours to Van Gough, Dinner at Catherine’s home, picnic in the woods, wineries – And the only max at 16. So we really got to know each other. Highly recommend.” — Lauren
“Outstanding tour of truly beautiful areas of Provence by a very friendly and knowledgeable guide who spoke perfect English. Gorgeous accomodation, very special restaurant experiences, and an effort made to avoid arriving at tourist hotspots with the hordes made it all the more enjoyable.” — Geoff & Lorrene Evans