PROVENCE WALKING TOUR : 6 Day Tour
Best Adventures in Provence Tour
By France Off the Beaten Path Tours
RATED EXCELLENT WITH 500+ REVIEWS
2019 WINNER!! 3RD CONSECUTIVE YEAR!
RECOMMENDED BY FROMMER’S FRANCE!
What makes Our Provence Tour Exceptional?
…taking guests beyond the obvious to discover the true essence of France and to experience authentic French culture…
In 2024, we celebrate 30 years leading our “Best Adventures in Provence™” Tour, an award-winning small group, walking tour of southern France! One of our most popular, small group tours, our “Best Adventures in Provence™” walking tour earned its name thanks to its exceptional, active itinerary of southern France. True Small Group Tours Designed to Appeal to BOTH Walkers & NON-Walkers Alike!
Who Are Our Provence Tours Designed For?
No Experience Necessary – At France Off the Beaten Path Tours, we designed our southern France Provence Walking Tour to appeal to discerning, English-speaking travelers on the hunt for an active and authentic, personalized, small group southern France travel experience.
Our southern France Provence Walking Tours feature unmatched flexibility, diverse, engaging activities and excursions, and daily options for BOTH walkers and NON-walkers. We’ve also ensured to build leisure time into the itinerary to pursue independent interests. As accredited tour guides and experts in French history, language, and culture, we treasure our time with you and pride ourselves on our exceptional storytelling. We share information that you won’t hear anywhere else; anecdotes, gossip, and juicy stories.
We maximize your tour time by NEVER HOTEL HOPPING! We’ve selected one exceptional, centrally located boutique hotel to serve as our base camp for your six-day tour. We’re also known for our sumptuous gourmet meals accompanied by classified regional wines. Our closest friends are the chefs who prepare your gourmet meals throughout your tour. Every day offers a new, Provence gourmet experience for “foodies” and “wine lovers.” It’s vacation, and France Off the Beaten Path™ tours are all about taking the slow road, having fun, enjoying new experiences, exquisite local cuisine and wines, having options, and being active!
How do we do it?
- For 30 years, our focus and travel specialty has been active tour travel in France.
- France is our home, and we know it best!
- We offer approximately 50 tour departures in France each season between our regularly scheduled tours and private departures.
- Owner & Founder Christy Destremau and her team of guides are Americans who also have French citizenship, are married into French families, and live and work locally in France for three decades.
- Thanks to our personal relationships and unparalleled connections with French artisans, professionals, hotels, and chefs that we’ve developed and maintained during nearly three decades of living “true French life” in France, we create experiences for our guests that are available ONLY to us!
- Through friendships and family, we’ve developed a very exclusive network of professional friends. These exclusive and personal relationships serve as the foundation of our tours and upon which we’ve built France Off the Beaten Path tour itineraries.
- We take travelers “beyond the obvious tourist hotspots” to discover the true essence and “non-touristy”, authentic side of Provence in southern France with our local professional friends!
- We preserve the true small group and personalized France experience with a maximum of 16 tour guests per Provence tour departure.
- Dietary Requests & Food Allergies — We accommodate ALL dietary requests and preferences (including vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, etc) and ALL food allergies (gluten, shellfish, etc) while ensuring an amazing foodie experience for all tour guests with restrictions and/or allergies.
The Best Tour Guides!
- Our guided, small group Provence tours are led by UNESCO award-winning tour guides who are major contributors to Provence tour guidebooks, such as, The Intoxicating France Travel series and Rick Steves Provence Tour Guidebook.
- Our Provence France Off the Beaten Path tours are led by Professional accredited France Off the Beaten Path tour guides who work exclusively for us, and also hold distinctions and cultural positions in Provence; in St. Remy-de-Provence and Avignon.
- Our Provence France Off the Beaten Path tour guides are professional culinary, wine, Provence history and France walking tour specialists who use their “savoir-faire” to blend the Anglophone service expectation with the French cultural experience to create a memorable and fun Provence tour experience for every tour guest!
Exceptional Itineraries Based on Decades of Experience in France!
Thanks to our long-standing presence in Provence, France, and established relationships with the region’s most highly recognized professionals, tour guests are welcomed as a group of friends traveling together. We concentrate on ensuring that our focus on travel exclusively in France remains our priority! During this award-winning 6-day/5-night small group Provence Walking Tour, discover the hidden gems and best kept secrets of this colorful southern France region that we call home, Provence. Our local Provence friends look forward to welcoming tour guests to their family homes, restaurants, and workshops to share the pride and joy of their trades and cultural traditions with you.
Our local Provence partners, all local friends, are eager to share their slice of southern France with tour guests through private experiences that are available only to Off the Beaten Path Provence Tour guests. A very personalized experience unlike any other, we use our longstanding friendships, family connections, excellent reputation, and presence in Provence to create tour itineraries of fun and memorable experiences that guests remember long after returning home. And to top off this southern France experience, we know flexibility is essential to tour guests! As our guest, you can enjoy the group ambiance and activities while also enjoying the freedom to break away from the group when you would like.
RATED 5 STARS BY HUNDREDS OF HAPPY TOUR GUESTS
OVER 500 VERIFIED FIVE-STAR REVIEWS ON TRUSTPILOT
RATED 5 STARS BY HUNDREDS OF HAPPY TOUR GUESTS
OVER 500 VERIFIED FIVE-STAR REVIEWS ON TRUSTPILOT
A WORD FROM Our Guests:
Exceeded Our Expectations!
“This trip to the Loire Valley exceeded our expectations! Christy planned unique and interesting excursions and activities that highlighted the beauty of the area and provided in-depth background knowledge about the various chateaux we visited. The cooking classes with renowned chefs, held in their restaurants and homes, were never-to-be forgotten experiences, and the visit to the winery was a highlight. The hotel was delightful and charming, and staying in one location for the entire time was a treat. Every meal or cocktail hour was planned to highlight the delicious specialties of the region. Christy is extremely knowledgeable about the various places we visited and imparted that knowledge in an interesting and entertaining manner. She and Remi took great care to ensure that we were always comfortable and well-looked after. We could not have asked for a better trip!” — Ron Rose & Sharon Matsumoto (Have done Provence tour and Loire Valley tour)
This was my third trip in the same number of years
“This was my third trip in the same number of years with Christy and Off the Beaten Path. While on her trips you can tell how much effort there is on the off season to make every single week perfect. From the pick up at the train station to the teary goodbye at the airport, everything is perfectly planned and executed. The hotel in St. Remy is magical, and the tour guides Philippe and David are exceptional. If you are considering a trip with OTBP, go for it and come home with new friends, a love of Provence and a longing to return as soon as you can!” — Beth Bower (Has done Provence tour twice and Loire Valley tour)
The Best Tour Company!
“I have done two tours – Provence and Loire Valley – and I am already looking forward to booking another. The tours are all perfectly curated and Christy is a wealth of knowledge. She is so kind and takes all of your needs and wants into consideration. I cannot recommend Off the Beaten Path enough!” — Madison Carl (Has done Provence and Loire Valley tours)
“We did the Provence tour. 8/2019. I had taken the tour 2017 & this time my husband came with me. It was just as fabulous this time as it was in 2017. Restaurants, picnic, sights, wine, all of it just delightful, but the frosting on the cake is a the knowledge, insight, humor, & attention to detail from David & Philippe. To us, they make a great trip soooo much fun. (also, 3 of our neighbors joined us this tour). Don’t hesitate, take this tour & enjoy!!!!!” — Jim & Carol Dean (Carol has done Provence tour twice)
Returning to Provence with France Off the Beaten Path
“I wanted to return to Provence as soon as it was open. I had toured with Christy in Loire Valley in 2019 and knew I wanted to travel with her again. For the second time, everything was well organized, personal and definitely off the beaten path. Christy and Phillippe have a wealth of knowledge and are eager to share. The hotel was perfectly located in St Remy, the tours to the lavender and sunflower fields are my favorite memory. The lunches and dinners were like visiting friends. The boat tour in Cassis was another highlight. Even though I had visited Provence, this trip with France Off the Beaten Path brought a new appreciation for the area.” — Susan Gage (Has done Loire Valley tour, Provence tour, Champagne tour)
“We had an excellent tour with Christie and her crew in the Loire valley. We did things that only a true insider would have access to-dinner at a Michelin chefs house, helping/learning to cook at a highly rated restaurant in their kitchen. This was in addition to seeing the sights and touring the castles. A truly unique experience that is off the beaten path. We will use her again when going back to France.” — Karen Berner (Has done Loire Valley tour)