Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? – Walking Tours in France
Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? What Makes France Off the Beaten Path Tours Exceptional…
Recommended in the Frommer’s France Guidebook, page 788
- Active, small group walking, cultural, wine, and gourmet touring is a magical, active experience brought to life thanks to more than 25 years of expertise in France.
- Our extensive first-hand knowledge acquired from more than two decades of living and working locally in France is priceless, serving as the foundation upon which we’ve built our exclusive tour itineraries.
- In 2016, we partnered with Trustpilot to provide our tour guests a way to write reviews about their tour experiences in an independent medium where we have no say or control over the review process or what guests write. We are the multi-day, France based tour operator specializing exclusively in active, small group tours in France who participates in the independent tour review program. Guest satisfaction is paramount, and we are continually striving to exceed guest expectations every tour!
- , we have been featured extensively in the international press, as one of the world’s leading active, small group, luxury tour companies in France.
- Scroll down to continue reading about our Small Group Active Walking Tours in France, or go directly to our 2020 Tour Dates & Prices page or our 2021 Tour Dates & Prices page to choose and book a tour today!
Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? Walking Tours in France — Each season more and more Off The Beaten Path tour guests return for a 2nd, 3rd and 4th small group active walking tour with us in France. It is an honor to be selected, as the #1 small group tour operator of choice by both prominent travel magazines and travelers like you. Everything we do, from selecting the most beautiful destinations within France, to ensuring the highest level of hospitality you expect, results in a truly outstanding and exclusive travel experience on each of our small group walking tours in France.
Small group touring is about so much more than just being part of a small group environment! Small Group touring is also all about…
- the exceptional customer service we provide,
- charming gifts we include,
- surprise extras during every tour, and
- value added and personalized services that make guests feel like a welcomed friend during our tours rather than another voucher toting tourist.
Walking Tours in France –
- Travel in a truly personalized, small group, a maximum 12-18 travelers per tour!
- Discover and experience France at your own pace with daily options available on each tour!
- during your tour travel with us, allowing you to have fun and enjoy your vacation your way.
- We ensure that each itinerary is inspiring, and that each guest’s experience is unique and personalized.
Top of Page
- – Off the Beaten Path Tour guides are Americans with dual nationality (American-French citizenship), are multi-lingual, and reside in France. They bring a wealth of local information, knowledge of culture and history to enrich each guest’s experience, and have been selected for their comprehensive understanding of French culture. Guides are UNESCO award winners, authors, and prominent figures in the community. They are passionate about ensuring that your experience is unique, authentically French, and exceeds your expectations. You will find that Off the Beaten Path guides are wonderful traveling companions, whose knowledge, sense of fun, and positive attitude make each day a wonderful experience.
- – All of our tours offer a lot of flexibility and daily options to BOTH walkers and non-walkers. Each day, you decide how involved you would like to be with the group and/or in which activities you would like to participate. There are daily alternatives for those who would like to spend more time on their own exploring or pursuing a specific interest. Enjoy the group ambiance and activities while also enjoying the freedom to break away from the group when you feel like it. Participate in every activity or pick and choose as you wish.
- – scheduled walks (for interested guests): All of our tours feature walking options daily whether it be an optional scheduled walk for interested guests or leisure walking at markets and historic monuments or in villages.
feature three optional, scenic walks through the most beautiful areas of Provence.
feature an exceptional vineyard trail walk in St. Emilion, and a cultural/history walk of both Arcachon and Bordeaux.
feature 1 optional walk along one of the most beautiful rivers and historical castles of the Loire region.
- with Michelin-rated, Meilleur Ouvrier de France, and Master Chefs. NO experience is necessary. Whether cooking with one of our famous friends at home or in his/her professional kitchen, each culinary class experience offers fun and exclusive opportunities to discover regional cuisine with the “crème de la crème” of the French culinary world. Provence Tours feature one cooking class and a chocolate making lesson, Bordeaux Tours feature one cooking, and bread baking class, and Loire Valley tours feature two cooking classes, one in a professional working kitchen, and the other at home with 2 of France’s highest ranked Chefs.
- at the most beautiful world-renowned chateaux and wine producing estates of our friends. From the most famous to the undiscovered “gems” of each region, our wine-maker friends and industry experts take the mystery out of the sometimes daunting world of French wine in a friendly, relaxed environment that is equally welcoming to wine novices and advanced connoisseurs.
- of historical monuments and castles. We blend historical facts with ludic stories, anecdotes, and legends that have been passed from generation to generation about important French events and French beliefs to ensure a fun, yet fact-filled experience. Loire Valley tours feature privately commentated tours at all of the castles listed in the itinerary.
- available daily for “non-walkers”: Options include shopping, leisure time, specialty visits with local artisans, guided tours of a museum and/or historical monument. Many more active experiences are available during each trip.
- Each Tour features a balance between sumptuous gourmet Michelin-rated and traditional bistrot meals, fabulous wines, exclusive excursions and activities, deluxe transportation, and our personally selected Conde Nast recommended boutique hotels owned and operated by local friends.
Top of Page
- Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? Our Provence, Loire Valley, Bordeaux wine country, and Champagne tours include luxurious, boutique hotel accommodations that reflect the heart and soul of each region, and offer complete modern amenities. Tours feature uniquely designed, spectacular theme walks, Michelin-rated gourmet and bistro style dining at the best restaurants. We include visits to local artisan workshops owned by local friends, shopping at the finest artisan and craft markets, cooking classes at homes and private workshops of Michelin-rated, Meilleur Ouvrier de France, and Master Chefs; all are personal friends. Our Chefs welcome guests as a group of friends traveling together.
- The company does NOT subcontract any of its tours. Many OTBP tours are owner led, and some are led by professional tour guides who work exclusively for OTBP, who have been hand-picked based on very strict criteria. OTBP guides have been working as part of our OTBP team for a minimum of 10 years. Our guides are also published authors and UNESCO award winners.
- Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? Since all OTBP English speaking tour guides reside in France, we do NOT have to incorporate any international air transportation, lodging, or food costs for tour guides into prices. This means we pass on even greater savings to travelers, and can guarantee OTBP luxurious quality tour experiences at even more competitive and better value prices.
- – Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? We include all classified wines at group meals. We also include all non-alcoholic beverages at group meals. We ensure guests have the beverage of choice at our group meals. There are NEVER additional drink costs passed on to guests, because it’s all included in the tour price!
- – Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? Our small group lunches and dinners are comprised of a combination of set menus elaborated for our groups. Meals reflect the cuisine of the region. Guests also order off the menu, and enjoy select gourmet menus that feature a Chef’s local, seasonal specialties. We are constantly told that our restaurant selections are one of many highlights of our tours! We also accommodate vegetarians, vegans, gluten allergies and other special dietary requests, allergies and needs.
- Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? We are proud to be the only tour company operating in France with proprietary relationships with all wineries, chefs, restaurants, service providers and bistros featured on our small group tours. Each tour includes unique experiences thanks to our exclusive and privileged network of contacts and French friends, and our outstanding reputation in France. All chefs, restaurants and bistrots selected for OTBP tours are Michelin-rated or have been featured and recommended by top “foodie” magazines or fellow Michelin-star Chefs. OTBP tours feature dining in both gourmet restaurants and favorite hide-a-ways.
- — Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? We ensure the best active, luxury, and authentic French experience at the best value tour prices available in the tour industry. Living and working locally in France with professionals who are personal friends for 22 years affords us the leverage to design exceptional itineraries at value prices that far exceed the offerings of multi-destination and non-France based tour companies.
- — Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? We have the lowest single supplements in the France tour industry thanks to established relationships with partner hotels. Our single supplement fees cover exact hotel single occupancy fees charged. We do NOT charge a single supplement for profit, NEVER.
- Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? The maximum group size on OTBP tours is 16 guests per tour date, a true small group, and 12 guests on specialty tours. Limiting group sizes creates the ideal ambiance for guests to easily mingle and get to know other guests, yet still maintain independence. OTBP also limits its groups to a maximum of 16 guests per tour date in order to preserve each guest’s personalized experience, and ensure its famous quality customer service.
- Book your tour today to lock-in and guarantee your tour price. Once your tour is booked, your tour price is guaranteed and will NOT increase.
- EMAIL US at firstname.lastname@example.org or CALL 1.717.683.2827 with your tour questions.
Top of Page of the Why Choose Off the Beaten Path? Walking Tours in France page