Best Adventures in Provence Tour Highlights
Highlights from France Off the Beaten Path Tours Best Adventures in Provence Tours!
- Our exclusive small group, Best Adventures in Provence® Tour is led by our UNESCO award-winning guides.
- Our Tour Guides are contributors to prominent Provence Tour Guidebooks, published writers, and one is the elected Tourist Office President of one of Provence’s best loved towns, St. Remy-de-Provence, and another is an appointed Cultural Director of Avignon.
- Tour guides are professional France history and Provence specific history specialists who make learning the tidbits, gossip, anecdotes and untold stories of France fun and memorable throughout the tour.
- This active, small group tour also features ludic stories about the history and life in Provence.
- Discover colorful hilltop villages of Gordes, Roussillon in the Luberon area of Provence, Sault and Valensole Plateau in lavender country, the terraced wine producing village of Cassis along the Mediterranean coast, and Les Baux de Provence and St. Remy-de-Provence in the Alpilles area of Provence.
- Participate in 3 different beautiful guided walks – (1) Hidden Gems of Provence Walk, (2) Luberon Valley Village to Village Walk (During Lavender season, this walk is replaced by our “Lavender Fields Trail and Essential Oils Distillery” walk) and (3) Chateauneuf-du-Pape Vineyards and Village Walk (ALL walks are optional and designed for interested guests).
- Tours feature guided cultural options for BOTH non-walkers and walkers.
- Walks take guests through quaint villages, beautiful lavender, sunflower and wildflower fields, vineyards and olive orchards.
- VAN SUPPORT PROVIDED – We provide a support van for all walks so you can decide your walking distance every time, and both long and short walking trail options are available for each walk.
- There is never any forced shopping during our tours; however, we ensure guests who would like to shop, experience the most prestigious art, artisan, crafts and regional products markets of St. Remy-de-Provence and Cassis.
- Tour, Taste and participate in a hands-on chocolate making workshop with our local friend, Famous Artisan Chocolate Maker Joel at his Workshop.
- Enjoy guided cultural tours of St. Remy-de-Provence, Gordes, Roussillon, Cassis, Sault, Glanum, St. Paul de Mausole, Les Carrieres de Lumiere in Les Baux de Provence, town Roman Theatre in Orange, and the Roman Ruins of Arles.
- Indulge in artisan cheese tasting throughout the trip.
- Participate in a wine tasting lesson to learn about Chateauneuf-du-Pape wines with our friend Master Sommelier Guy in his 13th century wine cellar followed by a privately hosted lunch prepared by our friend, now retired 3-Star Michelin Chef Jean-Claude.
- Enjoy a fun, hands-on culinary (cooking) class with our friend, a master celebrity Chef at her Provencal “mas” (farmhouse) followed by cocktails, gourmet dinner with regional wines, as VIP guests at our Chef’s table.
- Enjoy a full day along the Mediterranean coast in the wine producing village of Cassis. Discover the village, and experience our friend’s artisan “Perfumerie”, the weekly coastal craft market, beautiful Calanques (Roman ruin fjords) during a 45 minute cruise along the Mediterranean coast, and join in a pastis and Cassis wine tasting hosted by our local friend and pastis producer Roger.
- We allocate leisure time each day for guests to pursue independent interests and visit historic sites.
- All ground transportation in Air-Conditioned Mercedes Sprinters during the tour is included.
- Photo opportunities daily.
- Most Meals Included and ALL Provence wines included at group meals. Enjoy different wines at every group meal to experience both famous wines of Provence and fabulous lesser known wines of the region.
- Guests enjoy a mix of gourmet dining experiences reflective of Provence including our favorite Michelin-Star restaurants, a celebrity bistro, a privately hosted lunch overlooking the Rhone River, a traditional gourmet French picnic and a cooking class dinner.
- And to top of our Best Adventures in Provence® Small Group Tour experience, enjoy 5-nights hotel accommodations at our beautiful and luxurious Conde Nast Recommended boutique HOTEL, Hotel Gounod, located in the heart of beautiful St. Remy-de-Provence (NO hotel hopping – unpack ONLY once for the entire tour)!
Click here to review our 2019 Provence Tour Dates & Prices page!
Click here to review our 2020 Provence Tour Dates & Price page!
Click the image icons below to enlarge the photos…