2024 Lavender Season Tour Dates in Provence!
Join us for Lavender Season in Exquisite Provence, France!
Lavender flowering season remains one of the most popular times of the year to discover and explore Provence, France. You’ll witness mother nature’s talent in action from mid-June to the end of July. The gradual metamorphosis from buds to vivid, deep purple flowers transforms the already spectacular, neutral-colored rolling hills and valleys of the Luberon, Sault, and Valensole plateau into a magical tapestry of contrasting colors. Majestically scented aromas of fresh lavender accompany nature’s canvas of brilliant colors.
Lavender has been a significant part of Provence’s history and culture for centuries, with various traditional uses in the region. Some of the traditional uses of lavender in Provence include:
- Perfume and Aromatherapy: Lavender has been used for its fragrance and therapeutic properties. Ancient Egyptians used it as a perfume base, while the Romans used the oils for cooking, bathing, and perfuming soaps. In Provence, lavender was historically used by “Les Lavandières,” female workers who washed clothes with lavender-scented soap. The fragrance of blooming lavender fields is also a major attraction.
- Medicinal Purposes: Lavender is known for its medicinal qualities. Due to its disinfectant and healing properties, it is used to relieve headaches, migraines, insect bites, and sunburns.
- Culinary Use: The Romans used lavender oils for cooking, and it continues to be used in Provencal cuisine for flavoring and aromatizing dishes.
- Repelling Insects: Lavender is valued for its ability to repel certain insects, which has been a traditional use in the region.
- Aesthetic and Decorative Purposes: The beauty of the lavender fields has been a source of inspiration and admiration, contributing to the region’s renown. The fields of blooming lavender are a sight to behold, attracting visitors from around the world.
These traditional uses have contributed to the significance of lavender in Provence’s cultural and economic landscape, making it a symbol of the region’s natural beauty and heritage. Our small group Provence lavender season tour experience will leave you breathless and wanting more!
Review the Detailed Provence Tour Itinerary
Check out our 2024 Provence lavender season tour dates below.
- June 11-16
- June 18-23
- June 25-30
- July 2-7
- July 9-14
- July 16-21
- July 23-28
- Our Provence lavender season tours maximum group size = 16 guests per tour date
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request space availability and/or ask questions, or click here to review ALL of our available 2024 Provence Tour dates.
- All of our France tours depart weekly from April to November