Additional Information Dordogne France Tours
Additional Information Dordogne France Tours by France Off the Beaten Path™ Tours
Dordogne Summary • Dordogne Itinerary • Dordogne Includes • Dordogne Hotel
Click on the accordion menu below for answers to our most frequently asked Dordogne Tour questions. Still need help? Contact us »
- Where do we rendezvous on day 1 of the Dordogne Tour?
- Your OTBP Guide(s) will meet you at the Brive-la-Gaillarde rail station in Brive-la-Gaillarde at 2:00 PM on day 1 of the tour. Specific meeting location details will be included in your complete tour information package we send you 30 days prior to the tour.
- Where does the Dordogne tour finish?
- We depart the hotel in the morning in order to arrive at 11:00 am at the Brive-la-Gaillarde rail station.
- How should I go about making my travel plans?
- Off the Beaten Path is a full service tour operator and it is our pleasure to assist you with all aspects of upcoming travel plans. Whether you are looking for a suggestion for a hotel in Paris or assistance with your rail tickets, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.877.846.2831 for assistance.
- What is the weather going to be like in Dordogne?
- April, September and October are the best months to visit the region. Day time temperatures range in the low to mid–70′s. Typically it is sunny, but be prepared with the proper rain gear, as weather can be unpredictable.
- Are Off the Beaten Path, LLC tours in English?
- Yes. All tours are conducted in English and designed for an English speaking clientel.
- What is not included on my Dordogne Tour?
- Airfare to and from the trip, Train fare to and from the trip, gratuities for guide(s), and incidentals along the way.
- How should I tip my Off the Beaten Path guide(s)?
- Tipping in France is common. Gratuities to hotel staff, restaurant servers and baggage porters are included in your tour price. Gratuities to your tour guides/leaders and driver are not included in your tour price. It is customary to tip your tour guides/leaders and professional driver at your discretion at the conclusion of your tour, as a show of appreciation for their hard work and exceptional service. Complete tipping suggestions/guidelines are included in your detailed tour information welcome package we send you about 30 days before the departure date of the tour.
- Who are the Dordogne Tours designed for?
- OTBP’s Dordogne Tours are designed for discerning travelers of all ages and backgrounds, from the seasoned traveler and independent traveler to the first time traveler to France. Join any one of the our tours as a solo traveler, a couple, a small group of friends or family, or bring your entire travel club, affinity group, women’s organization or wine society. No culinary, history or other type of experience is necessary. Join us for the vacation of a lifetime to discover the best kept secret in France, the Dordogne region, as an insider, and make new friends along the way. Additional Information Dordogne France Tours
- Do I need to be an expert to take your Dordogne Tour?
- Not at all. The idea is to learn about French culture, traditions, wine, daily life, artisan lives and culinary practices in a fun and relaxing environment. Our tours offer great learning opportunities for everyone. Off the Beaten Path guides are very skilled at adapting their discussions to the general level of knowledge of the group, providing good introductory information for novices, and more advanced discussions for those who have more experience or a specialty interest. It’s vacation and our tours are all about having fun, enjoying new experiences and being active!
- Is wine included at meals? What kind is included at meals?
- Yes, wine is included at all scheduled meals together. We expertly match premium wines from the region we’re visiting with each dish. Meals offer an excellent opportunity to try wines from appellations not available to guests at home, and to introduce guests to some select wines worth a favorable mention or that are exceptionally appreciated by the locals. Additional Information Dordogne France Tours
- How are the Dordogne Tours structured?
- Having 25 years experience in the tour industry, specifically with small group touring, we have found that our guests are generally more interested in active experiences, culture, people to people experiences and guided tours of museums and sites. Our guests like to visit private homes, and pursue their hobbies when they travel. Our guests enjoy being able to shop locally for items, such as, collectibles, art and local products. Our guests tend to do more homework and want a meatier trip, and also want to enjoy down time or leisure time to explore independently. All of our trips are designed based on these factors. Each trip offers organized activities and excursions daily combined with periods of leisure time each day. Our tours encourage individual approach and pursuit of your interests, as well as introducing you to new experiences and people during each trip. Additional Information Dordogne France Tours
- What travel documents will I need for my Tour?
- All travelers to France are required to have a valid passport. Please make 2 copies of your passport and personal identification before you depart. Keep one set of copies with you in a separate location from your travel documents, and leave the other set of copies with a contact at home before you depart. If you are not a U.S. citizen, please check with your consulate general for entry requirements.
- Do I need to be an athlete to participate in the Dordogne Tour?
- No. However, this tour is a designated walking tour and involves a considerable amount of daily leisure walking throughout the trip, and includes 2 designated walks of 3-3.5 hours each. These designated walks are not considered to be exceptionally challenging; however, Dordogne is a very hilly region. Additional Information Dordogne France Tours
- How should I pack? How should I expect to dress during the tour?
- Please limit your luggage to one medium-sized suitcase and one carry-on. Try not to over pack; you will not wear all your clothing! A suggested packing list will be enclosed in your tour information package. Pack comfortable light weight, casual clothing. It’s vacation and we want our guests to feel and be as comfortable as possible during our daily activities and excursions. Our dinners together include a mix of Michelin star and casual bistro style restaurants. For men we suggest a business casual ensemble (no tie or jacket necessary unless it’s your personal preference) and for women we recommend a casual dress for dinners. Additional Information Dordogne France Tours
Additional Information Dordogne France Tours