- Fully Guided sightseeing, walks, excursions, and cultural visits throughout the tour by professional Off the Beaten Path, LLC (OTBP) Company Tour Guides. OTBP Guides are UNESCO award winners, contributors to Loire Valley Travel Guidebooks, and are accomplished authors. OTBP Tour guides are professional France history and Loire Valley-specific history specialists who make learning the tidbits, gossip, anecdotes and stories of France fun and memorable throughout the tour.
- 5 nights — at 4-Star boutique Hotel Le Pavillon des Lys in historical Amboise, and is owned and operated by our personal friends Guillaume & Julia. Hotel offers FREE Wifi.
- 9 Meals Included – 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 Private Cocktail, Foodie Tasting & Mini-Concert, 3 dinners.
- – Bringing France & Italy together for a : a privately hosted performance by friend, world-renowned violinist and guitarist, Gabriele during our regional specialty cocktail and foodie tasting evening. Read our BLOG post about Gabriele…
- All premium wines and non-alcoholic beverages at group meals!
- All entry/participation fees for all castle tours, activities, cooking excursions, tastings and artisan experiences detailed in the itinerary.
- Roundtrip transfers on Day 1 and Day 6 of the tour : Day 1 – Transfer provided from Amboise rail station at 3 pm. Day 6 – Transfer provided to Amboise rail station for 11:15 am arrival.
- Bottled water provided daily.
- All ground transportation throughout the tour.
- Designed for the interests of and to appeal to BOTH WALKERS & NON-WALKERS alike — this is a leisure walking tour.
– International airfare to/from France, roundtrip train fare to/from the starting/ending point for the tour in Amboise, three lunches, two dinners, personal purchases.
is NOT part of our Loire Valley tour itinerary. Hot Air Ballooning is available as an optional excursion on one of your free evenings, and we can book it on your behalf. There is an additional fee for the ballooning excursion. We work with a local friend who is a professional, licensed ballooning pilot, and owns his own ballooning excursion company. We’ve been working with him for 15 years, and he’s the best in the region!
Spend 6 days experiencing the Loire Valley like family friends going beyond tourist hotspots to meet and spend time with some of France’s best loved and highly recognized artisans, chefs, and winery owners who are our family friends, and welcome you to their workshops, kitchens, and family homes for authentic and fun French experiences unlike any other!
France Off the Beaten Path Tours 2020 Schedule