Best Adventures in Provence® ALL-INCLUSIVE Walking and Foodie Tour
3 Spectacular Walks in Provence, Gourmet Meals, Grand Cru Wines & Cheeses, Cooking Class and Cultural Discovery!
Provence Tour Length: 6 days/5 nights - *Featuring daily options for BOTH walkers and non-walkers alike!*
Walking Distance Options: Walkers: Both long and short walking trail options are available.
Book any 2014 Provence, Loire Valley or Bordeaux Tour before APRIL 30, 2014 and
SAVE $200 per person!
Award winning France Off the Beaten Path Tours Voted BEST Active, Gourmet Tours in France for Discerning Travelers by Conde Nast, National Geographic, Forbes Traveler, CNN Traveller, USA Today, The New York Times, eHow.com, Gourmet Get-a-Ways, Travel & Leisure and many more!
Our Best Adventures in Provence® Tours are designed for and cater to both walkers and non-walkers alike, and feature a lot of flexibility, daily options and freedom to choose what you would like to do each day of the trip. Enjoy the group ambiance and activities while also enjoying the freedom to break away from the group when you would like. Our Provence Tour walks are scenic walks through the French countryside and are designed to appeal to walkers of all walking and interest levels, and both long and short walking trail options are available for the walks.
Join Off the Beaten Path for its fully guided, small group Best Adventures in Provence® walking and gourmet foodie tour along the back roads of the beautiful countryside of southern France. Voted one of the BEST Tour companies in Europe and the world by leading travel magazines, Off the Beaten Path's Best Adventures in Provence® Tour dazzles travelers of all backgrounds and interests seeking an authentic and active, France cultural experience. During this award winning 6-day/5-night small group Tour, travelers discover the hidden gems and best kept secrets of this colorful region. Witness vibrantly colored landscapes of lavender, sunflowers and poppies, and participate in three walks and daily excursions in the 3 BEST and most beautiful areas of Provence --the Alpilles, the Luberon and the Mediterranean coast.
- This exclusive small group, Provence Tour is led by professional Off the Beaten Path, LLC Company Tour Guides who are history, culinary and wine specialists, and who are UNESCO Heritage Award Winners. Our Tour guides are professional France history and Provence specific history specialists who make learning the tidbits, gossip and stories of France fun and memorable throughout the tour.
- Enjoy 5 nights accommodations at our beautiful, full service, historical, award winning boutique hotel, Le Mas des Carassins, nestled in the beautiful village town of St. Remy de Provence! --Voted the BEST boutique hotel in St. Remy de Provence! (NO hotel hopping).
- For WALKERS: Participate in three (3) different guided walks in Provence - (1) Les Alpilles Village to Village Walk, (2) Luberon Valley Village to Village Walk and (3) Hidden Gems of Provence Walk - (optional and designed for interested guests), both long and short walking trail options available.
- For NON-WALKERS - shuttle to/from all visits, restaurants, excursions and activities during the tour.
- ALL MEALS INCLUDED - 14 meals total - Savor vegetable rich, Italian influenced gourmet southern French cuisine. Meals are a combination of Michelin-star & French bistro style cuisine plus a gourmet French picnic and cooking class.
- Enjoy Provence regional, classified wines included at all group meals - Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Hermitage, Rhone Valley and more!
- Explore hilltop villages Gordes and Roussillon in the Lubéron area of Provence
- Discover the best of St. Remy-de-Provence, Eygalières and Les Baux de Provence in the Alpilles.
- Spend the day along the Mediterranean coast in the wine producing village of Cassis.
- Enjoy a 45 minute cruise along the Mediterranean coast from Cassis to view historical calanques (Roman ruin fjords).
- Take a guided tour of St. Paul de Mausole with our specialist guide - learn about Vincent Van Gogh's presence in Provence.
- Taste freshly made artisan cheeses throughout the trip.
- Visit and Taste at our favorite Provence Olive Oil Mill.
- Bottled water and snacks provided for all walks.
- Learn to play pétanque, a favorite French pastime (French "boules") during a hosted cocktail hour.
- Discover and shop at the BEST outdoor craft and artisan markets -learn valuable pointers about buying authentic, local products in southern France.
- Participate in a hands-on, culinary class. Prepare Provence recipes with our friend, a celebrity Master Chef at her Provence farmhouse.
- Indulge in a gourmet lunch of the recipes prepared in cooking class, as VIP guests at our Cooking Class Chef's table.
- For both WALKERS and NON-WALKERS - select from a variety of cultural options available daily.
Come experience the very BEST this southern region has to offer during this active, small group Best Adventures in Provence® Tour!
Who are Off the Beaten Path, LLC Provence Tours designed for?
Our Best Adventures in Provence® Tours are designed for active, English speaking travelers interested in an authentic, personalized, small group Provence travel experience that includes flexibility, a variety of engaging activities and excursions, many daily options for BOTH walkers and NON-walkers alike, leisure time to pursue independent interests, professional and knowledgeable tour guides, deluxe historical accommodations and sumptuous gourmet meals accompanied by classified regional wines throughout the trip. Every day offers a new, Provence gourmet experience for "Foodies". It's vacation and Off the Beaten Path tours are all about taking the slow road, having fun, enjoying new experiences, the finest local cuisine and wines, having options and being active!
Best Adventures in Provence® Tour Guest Testimonials -
We asked some of our 2013 Best Adventures in Provence® Tour Guests the following question at the end of their tour with us - "Would you recommend this trip to a friend?" Click here to read their replies and feedback on Facebook! - (opens in a new window) OR Click the following link to visit our BLOG - France Off the Beaten Path! - (opens in a new window).
"We always love the cooking classes on your tours, because they're both informative and lots of fun. The meals were excellent, as always! And, another of the many reasons why we come on your tours, the "Guide" ...who made our Provence trip very special, was warm and delightful as the sunshine of Provence. We love how everyone everywhere we go is always so happy to see you and welcome us, complete strangers, to their homes, and open up their homes to share a part of their French life with us. We've taken other small group, walking tours with other companies, BUT then we found your Off the Beaten Path trips, and once we found you, that was it for us. You offer the very BEST trips in the travel market!! You truly do, no other company even comes close in comparison! We have NEVER been disappointed...And although we had already done a Provence walking trip with another company about six years ago, we wanted to come back to Provence just to be able to come back with you! Thanks for everything!" Charles and Susan Kollar, Princeton, New Jersey - (Have been on 3 tours with Off the Beaten Path - Best Adventures in Provence® Tour, Loire Valley Castles & Culinary Tour, Bordeaux Wine Tasting & Gourmet Harvest Walking Tour)
"I cannot tell you how fantastic our tour was with you! We had so much fun and saw and did so many unique things. We would have never been able to do any of this on our own. We never realized how much fun a small group tour could be! You have such a talent and are so great with people! The tour was all I had hoped for - and more!! Many many thanks!! We had the best time and a huge bonus was all the great people on the trip were so fun! I'm coming home with new friends!" Paul and Julie Funchess, Beaumont, TX (Best Adventures in Provence® Tour)