Loire Valley Castles and Culinary Adventure Price Includes
2 Fun Cooking Classes, Gourmet Meals, French Wines and Discovering Castles in the Loire Valley, Plus Hot Air Ballooning!
Valley Itinerary • Loire
Dates & Prices • Loire
Award winning France Off the Beaten Path Tours Voted BEST Active, Gourmet Tours in France for Discerning Travelers by Conde Nast, National Geographic, Forbes Traveler, CNN Traveller, USA Today, The New York Times, eHow.com, Gourmet Get-a-Ways, Travel & Leisure and many more!
Our Loire Valley Tour Price Includes all of the following:
- Full-time services of professional Off the Beaten Path Expert Tour Guide(s) who are history, culinary and wine professionals, and who serve as guests liaison during this fully escorted Loire Valley tour program.
- 5 nights, HOME BASED, deluxe historical castle accommodations (NEVER any Hotel Hopping) at The Chateau des Tertres --Voted one of the BEST boutique hotels in 2012 in the Loire Valley and Rated No. 2 on Trip Advisor!
- 10 Meals: 5 buffet breakfasts, 5 gourmet dinners (mix of cooking class dinners, restaurants and French picnic).
- Regional classified wines included at all group meals.
- All Fees for tours and entry at the Castles of Chambord, Blois, Amboise, Chenonceau, Villandry and Azay-le-Rideau.
- All fees for 2 hands-on cooking classes/demonstrations, corresponding dinners and wine/cocktails/beverages.
- All Fees for 1 hot air ballooning excursion.
- All fees for "Tour de France" wine and cheese tasting with one of our Michelin-star Chefs.
- All local taxes and gratuities at hotel and restaurants.
- Ground transportation during the tour by comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned minibus vans.
- Roundtrip transfers between Tours Saint Pierre des Corps TGV rail station and the hotel on tour start and conclusion day at designated times.
- This exclusive Loire Valley Tour is limited to 14 guests per tour date.
Oui ...What we do...We guarantee some very specific services that we believe you, as our guest, deserve.
- We ensure a "small group" remains just that - a "small group" ! - The group size on each of our tours is a maximum 8-16 guests. Many of our trips sell out completely meaning group size is 16 guests, and some trips average 12-14 guests. Our experience has been that limiting our group size to 8-16 guests per tour creates the ideal ambiance for guests to easily mingle and get to know each other, yet still maintain their independence. We also limit our group size in order to preserve each guest’s personalized experience, and ensure our famous quality customer service.
- We include MOST meals and ALL beverages (BOTH alcoholic and non-alcoholic) in our tour prices ! - We always include a welcome cocktail on day one of each tour, plus premium, classified and "Grand Cru" regional wines at all groups meals during each of our tours. If we don't include a meal on any particular day, we always have a list of our favorite cafés, brasseries and restaurants that we recommend and will be happy to reserve for you.
- We ALWAYS provide our guests the BEST rooms at every hotel we use on our tours ! - We always reserve the VERY BEST for our guests ! Plus there is NEVER any hotel hopping on our tours. We select one exclusive, luxurious, historical establishment for the entire 5 nights of each tour.
- Our scheduled walks are ALWAYS guided ! - We always guide our walks !! Our guides are experienced and have walked our trails repeatedly each season - even in their off season, and are knowledgeable about what each trail has to offer. Our guides accompany every walk on every tour where optional and scheduled walks are included. And our guides remain with the group during the entirety of each walk. We believe your walks with us should always be fun, interesting and a time to sit back and enjoy the views along the trail while someone else takes charge and shows you the way! We have specially designed all of our trails exclusively to share with our guests. A second guide drives the support van.
- We ALWAYS provide van support for our walks ! - In addition to providing guides who accompany each walk on our tours, we always provide a support van whose sole responsibility is to meet the group at designated points throughout each walk to provide more refreshments and snacks, collect any purchases made during visits along our trails, and provide a ride to any guest who needs a break.
Unrivaled Expertise within France and the Best Tour Guides:
All Off the Beaten Path guides are Americans with dual nationality (American-French citizenship), are multi-lingual and reside in France. They also bring a wealth of local information and history to enrich each guest's experience and have been selected for their comprehensive understanding of French culture. You will find that Off the Beaten Path guides are wonderful traveling companions, whose knowledge and sense of fun and positive attitude make each day a wonderful experience.
"I loved ALL aspects of the tour; hot air ballooning, wine and cheese tasting, the hotel, our guide, the different castles, the dinners! The cooking classes were especially fantastic. Don't change a thing! You really made this experience wonderful!" Wendy Barnett, Melbourne, Australia (Loire Valley Tour Itinerary) - dining at friend, Michelin Star Chef Christophe C.'s restaurant
"The trip gets a 5 out of 5! My favorite thing was the extensive cheese and wine tasting with Damien. Thanks to our guide for making this trip so exceptional!" Marti Hyland, Arlington, VA (Loire Valley Tour)